Thursday, December 20, 2012

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME ALREADY?????


     I know I say this every year, but I REALLY mean it this year.  I can't believe it's Christmas time already!!!  It seems like it was just the Fourth of July.
     I love this time of year.  I love the Christmas programs at the schools and churches.  I love the Christmas movies on TV.  I love the way most people are on their cheerful best behavior.
     So...can you tell how much I love this time of year?
     This year, though, the season crept up so stealthily and quickly.  The only thing that's truly finished is the decorating of our two trees.  At least that is done.  They have been very enjoyable on the cloudy days, early evenings and dark nights.  There is just something cozy about a Christmas tree.  I love them.  And, of course, there is no end to finding more new special ornaments each year to add to the collection!
     The shopping isn't finished, the rest of the house isn't ready and the groceries haven't been bought for our big family Christmas dinner.  It will all get done, but it will get accomplished in a rush.
     I've learned so much this past year and I'm so grateful for all of it.  One of the things I've learned is to not stress so much about things.  Putting this into practice in the coming days will require some effort.
     I'm on a daily transcendent journey.  Daily means every day.  Each day I choose to come up higher, learn more and share more.  So that Christmas doesn't sneak up on me next year, I choose to keep Christmas in my heart every day of the year.  I hope you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment